Use Authorize.net as a payment gateway
Integrating your existing Authorize.net account with Occasion is quick and easy.
- What you need to know
- Disable Address Verification Service (AVS)
- Connect Authorize.net to Occasion
- Do a Test Transaction
- Settings for Authorize.net Gateway (recommended but optional)
- Support Questions
What you need to know
- API Login ID
- Transaction Key
To obtain your API Login ID and Transaction Key from your Authorize.net account, follow these instructions.
Disable Address Verification Service (AVS)
- Occasion verifies customer’s credit card on behalf of the business, so you don’t have to enable AVS through Authorize.net.
- Log into the Merchant Interface at https://account.authorize.net/.
- Click Account from the main toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Click Address Verification Service in the Security Settings section.
- Uncheck all the box(es) next to the AVS codes.
- Click Submit.
Connect Authorize.net to Occasion (video)
- Login into your Occasion account
- Click on “Settings" (a button that looks like a gear) in the upper-right corner.
- Click on "Integrations" from the drop-down.
- Choose your preferred gateway and click "Use This Gateway"
- In Step 2- Connect, paste your API Login ID in the Login box and paste your Transaction Key in the Password box.
- Click "Add Gateway"
Do a Test Transaction
- After receiving confirmation from your Occasion Rep, create a test listing for $1.
- Do a test transaction with your own credit card and refund the transaction.
- If successful, you are ready to use Occasion with your Authorize.net account.
- If you get an error, retain the “error code” and contact Authorize.net customer support.
Settings for Authorize.net Gateway (recommended but optional)
Avoid sending duplicate emails to yourself and your customers, disable sending “payment received emails” from Authorize.net. Here are the steps to turn off emails.
Depending on the type of error:
- Authorize.net does not allow for same-day refunds. You will need to allow the transaction to settle, before trying to refund it to the customer's credit card.
- Authorize.net Gateway related help - please contact at (877) 447-3938
- Contact Occasion Support at help@getOccasion.com or https://www.getoccasion.com/live/