Add your Occasion Calendar to your Facebook page
Add your Calendar to your existing Facebook page to get more bookings and make the process more convenient for your Facebook fans. You can choose to disconnect the integration at any time.
Publish your Occasion Calendar to your Facebook page
Note: You need to be an admin of the Facebook Page you wish to integrate with Occasion, and you can add only one calendar per Facebook Page.
Integrate with Facebook
- Sign into your Occasion account, and click on “Marketing” in the top navigation bar.
- Select “Facebook Tabs” from the list.
- Click “Add Calendar to Facebook Page” button.
- Select the Facebook Page you wish to add the calendar to and click “Add Page Tab” button.
- That’s it, you are done! Click on “Preview on Facebook” to see it for yourself.
Improve the location of the calendar on your Facebook Page?
To get more bookings and engage more customers, you should move the calendar to the top position on your Facebook page. Here’s how:
- From your Facebook Page, click “Settings” at the top-right corner of the page.
- Click on "Edit Page" from the left navigation menu.
- In the middle section, find the “Book Now” and hover over it. This will allow you to click and drag that tab.
- Drag it as far to the top of the list as possible. Once you drop it, the position will automatically save.
Customize and edit the calendar that's live on your Facebook Page?
Once you have published the calendar to your Facebook Page, you have the option to customize the look and feel of the calendar. Here's how you can do that:
- From your Occasion account, click on "Marketing" and then, select "Facebook Tabs" from the drop-down.
- Find the link in the first paragraph and click it. This will take you to a section where you can edit "Views".
- Click on the "Display Options" tab to modify the colors. Make sure to save changes before leaving. Below are some options for you to play around with. These settings are optional but help you brand the calendar for your business.
- Background Color: You can change the background color of the calendar. By default, calendars have a transparent background.
- Button Text Color: Listing tile color can be changed on the calendar. By default, listing tiles have a dark-blue color.
Change tab image on Facebook
- After you have added the tab to Facebook, click “Settings” on your Facebook page (usually, it’s on the top-right corner).
- From the left menu, click “Apps”. You will see “Static HTML” as one of your apps.
- Click “Edit Settings” and you will see a link to “Change Tab Image”.
Disconnect the Facebook/Occasion integration
To remove your calendar from your Facebook Page, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Facebook account and visit your Facebook Page.
- In the upper-right corner of the screen, and choose "Settings".
- Click "Apps" in the left navigation panel.
- Find "Occasion" and click the "X" icon.
- Click "Remove" to confirm that you want to remove Occasion from your Facebook account.