Use PayPal Pro as a payment gateway
PayPal Pro is a worldwide leader in online payments. Integration your PayPal Pro account with Occasion is fast and easy.
- What you need to know
- Information from your PayPal Account
- Integrate with Occasion
- Do a Test Transactions (Optional)
- Remove Address / Billing Information Verifications (Optional)
- Support Questions
What you need to know
- API Username
- API Password
- API Signature
Information from your PayPal Account
- Login into your PayPal account and click on "Profile" on the top-right.
- Click on "Profile and Settings" from the drop-down.
- Look for "My Selling Tools" in the left menu and click that.
- Find "API Access" on the page, and click "Update".
- Under "NVP/SOAP API integration", click on "View API Signature".
- Click on "Show" next to "API username", "API password" and "Signature".
Integrate with Occasion
- Login to your Occasion account, and click "My Account"
- Click on “Settings" (a button that looks like a gear) in the upper-right corner.
- Click on "Integrations" from the drop-down.
- Select "PayPal" from the list of payment gateways.
- For PayPal Standard Accounts: Select "PayPal" under "Step 1: Payments", then select "Signature" under "Step 2: Connect".
- For PayPal Payflow Pro Accounts: Select "Credit Card" under "Step 1: Payments", then select "Signature" under "Step 2: Connect".
- Copy and paste API Username from PayPal into the LOGIN box.
- Copy and paste API Password from PayPal into the PASSWORD box.
- Copy and paste Signature from PayPal into the SIGNATURE box.
- Click "Add Gateway" button.
Do a Test Transactions (Optional)
- Create a test listing for $1.
- Do a test transaction with your own credit card and refund the transaction.
- If successful, you are ready to use Occasion with your PayPal account.
- If you get an error, retain the “error code” and contact PayPal customer support.
Remove Address / Billing Information Verifications (Optional)
- In your PayPal Manager, click on "Service Settings".
- Click on "Setup".
- In the "Billing Information" section, make sure all fields are unchecked.
- If you use your PayPal account with your Payflow Pro account, make sure to disable any address verification fields in that account as well.
Most common problems with PayPal
- Call PayPal support at 1-888-883-9770
- Ask for "Business Support" to "lower your risk tier to 3"
- This will remove the requirement that customers checking out via Occasion to provide their billing address.