Use Moneris as a payment gateway
Moneris is one of the largest companies that process payments online. Moneris operates in multiple countries. The integration steps are similar in each country.
Integrating your Moneris Payment Gateway account with Occasion is quick and easy.
- What you need to know
- Connect Moneris with Occasion
- Support Questions
- Do a Test Transactions (Optional)
What you need to know
- You will to enable gateway for your existing Moneris account. Please contact Moneris at 1 (866) 319-7450 to make sure this is enabled prior to set-up
- You will need Store ID
- You will need API Token
- You will need to have Moneris enable AVS setting to accept payments online
This information will be available in your Moneris gateway account. If you don't know where to access this, please call Moneris team at 1 (866) 319-7450.
Connect Moneris with Occasion
- Login to your Occasion account, and click "Settings"
- Click on "Payment Gateway" from the drop-down.
- Click "Choose other gateway".
- Search for "Moneris" in the gateway list and click on "Select Gateway" on the right.
- Under "AVS Enabled", type true. Make sure it is lowercase.
- Enter your Store ID and paste your API Token in the correct fields.
- Click "Add Gateway" to save the configuration.
Depending on the type of error.
- Gateway related help - please contact Moneris at 1 (866) 319-7450.
- Integration related help - please contact Occasion at firstname.lastname@example.org or at https://www.getoccasion.com/live/.
Do a Test Transactions (Optional)
- After receiving confirmation from your Occasion Rep, create a test listing for $1.
- Do a test transaction with your own credit card and refund the transaction.
- If successful, you are ready to use Occasion with your Moneris account.
- If you get an error, retain the “error code” and contact Moneris customer support.