Automatically Publish Your Occasion Events to Your Facebook Page
With Occasion's Facebook Events Integration, you can grow your business by allowing your existing and potential customers to book your Occasion events directly from your Facebook page.
This integration will automatically create events on your Facebook page when you add individual, public events on Occasion.
- Benefits of Facebook Events Integration
- How it works
- Which events will post to Facebook?
- Connecting to Facebook Events
- Manually marking events to be published on Facebook
- Disconnecting from Facebook Events
- Frequently Asked Questions
Benefits of Facebook Events Integration
- Increase conversion by dramatically shortening the path between your customers searching for your business and booking your events.
- Give your customers an easy way to stay informed of your events by seeing them right in their newsfeed, and allows them to easily indicate their interest.
- Expand your social reach by getting friends of your customers to see your events too.
- Save time and effort by having Occasion automatically post your events to your Facebook page.
How it works
When your customers search for your business on Facebook, they will be able to see your events right on your Facebook page. Customers that already Like your Facebook page, will see your events in their timeline as well.
Which events will post to Facebook?
Only events that meet the following criteria, at the time you add time slots to them, will post to Facebook automatically:
- Events must be happening up to 60 days in the future.
- Events must be marked as "Public" in the listing editor. Learn more about public/private events here.
- Events, which occur as series (ex: 10 week class), will only be added as one event, for the first date of the series.
Connecting to Facebook Events
- You need to have an active Facebook page for your business.
- You need to have Facebook Business Manager activated for your Facebook page
In order to properly set up Facebook integration, you will need to give Occasion access to your Facebook page. Please follow these steps t do that:
- Go to Facebook Business Settings - https://business.facebook.com/settings/agencies/
If you don't already have a Facebook Business Manager account please create one first.
- Click the blue "+ Add" button
- Enter Occasion's Business ID - 168590613743081
- Select your business page, and choose the "Publish Content" permissions ("Editor" access).
If you don't see your page, or you've just created your Facebook Business Manager account, you might have to add your page first.
- Click "Save Changes".
Please email us at email@example.com when you've completed the steps above so we can activate the feature for you.
Please note: In some cases it may take up to 2 hours for your events to appear on Facebook
Manually marking events to be published on Facebook
Click on the "Publish" tab in the top navigation
- To see the Facebook publishing status of your events and/or
- To manually mark events to be published to Facebook.
Disconnecting from Facebook Events
To stop your Facebook Events integration please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why is my event not posting on Facebook?
A: In order for your events to be posted on Facebook they must meet the following criteria:
1. Listing has to be marked as "Active" and "Public".
2. The event has to be happening in the next 60 days. If it's happening more than 60 days from now, it will be posted on Facebook when it fits within this threshold.
Q: What happens if I make changes to an event in Occasion, that's already been published on Facebook?
A: If an event happening sooner than the next 60 days is changed, moved, or deleted from Occasion, you will have to make the change on Facebook yourself.
Q: Will my private events be posted to Facebook?
A: No. Any events marked as "Private" in the listing editor will not be posted to Facebook.
Q: What image will my Facebook event use if I don't have an image as part of my Occasion listing?
A: Facebook requires an image for all events on their platform. If you don't have an image with your Occasion listings, your Facebook page cover image will be used as the image for that Facebook event.