Create Frequent Per Day Mini Sessions
What is a Mini Session Event?
In this article, we will show you how you can frequently repeating per-day mini sessions. A mini-session event is one in which you have lots of times available frequently for customers to book in a given day.
In this example, we will assume that you have:
- Availability on January 31 every 30 minutes from 9am to 4pm.
- Each time can be booked by up to 10 people.
- Each person will pay $40 at the time of booking.
Let's step up this event:
- After logging into your Occasion account, go to the "Listings" in your top navigational bar and select the "Ideas" tab in the top-left corner of your screen. Make sure your screen is fully extended to view these tabs.
- Once the "Ideas" tab is selected, search for the "Mini Session" template.
Note: If you don't see it, reach out to us at email@example.com
- Under "My Templates" tab, click on "Create Listing for the "Mini Session" template.
- You'll be prompted to create a schedule. In my example, I will do the following:
- January 31, 2017 - 9am to 4pm
- Session duration is 30 minutes
- Repeat interval is 30 minutes
- Click "Generate" button
- Verify the times that have been generated, and then click "Continue"
- Skip the "session fee" i.e. leave it at $0
- Set the maximum bookings per time slot to 10 (in my example).
- Skip the checkboxes and click "Next"
- Click "Finish" to do a final check
- Under "Images" Tab
- Upload an event image
- Under "Pricing" tab
- Make sure the fixed fee is $0
- If you collect sales tax, then set the percentage here.
- Customize the "Email receipts" tab
- On the right, scroll down and find the "Select number of attendees", hover over and click "Edit".
- From the pop-up,
- Enter the price as "$40" (in my example)
- Check the "Impacts Attendance" box.
- Check the "Customer's must select one" box (because we want at least one customer to sign up when booking.
- Save the change.
- From the pop-up,
- Again on the right, scroll down to the "Cancellation and Refund Policy" section and edit it, by hovering over it.
- To preview, click the "Preview" button on the top-right corner to verify that event is set-up correctly.