Offer Drop-In or Multi-Day Registrations
Drop-in or Multi-day events allow customers to select one or more dates under one registration, with the option to select a discount depending on how many time slots the customer selects.
For example, let's say you want to offer the following:
Seven Weeks of Delicious Cooking which happens every Monday and Tuesday. Each day costs $50 for a person to attend and you want to offer customers 20% discount for booking more than 3 dates. If you like this idea, continue on reading this article.
Setting up a Drop-In Listing
- Go to Settings > Templates (https://app.getoccasion.com/services#/myTemplate)
- Switch to the "Ideas" tab.
- Search for "Drop-Ins"
- You will see a few templates pop up. Preview these templates by selecting the rocket symbol to see a booking page example.
- If you like the template, click "Add To My Templates". This will show under the "Templates" tab, which you can then begin to modify.
Customizing your Drop-In listing
Once you've created your listing using this template, you can choose to offer a discount if your customers select multiple dates to register for. To do that go to the Additional Pricing tab from the listing editor and adjust the Multi-time slot Discount on Attendees section.
- Set the percentage discount.
- Set the number of time slots that your customer needs to have booked before the discount will be applied.
- Double check how this works by clicking "Preview" in the top right corner of the listing editor and do a test order on the booking page (without actually purchasing) by selecting options and making sure pricing is calculating correctly.
Charging for Add-ons just once when multiple dates are purchased together
The default behavior for most types of pricing questions in the drop-ins listings is to multiply the price by the number of time slots selected for that order.
The Priced Items pricing question however allows the ability to only apply the charge once per order (not for each time slot purchased on the order)