Use Boxed to offer Pickup, Delivery, and Shipment of products
This feature is currently in alpha testing. If you're interested in helping us test it out, please read on.
Boxed is Occasion's feature that allows you to offer your customers the ability to choose between Pickup, Delivery or Shipment of the products they order. We'll handle the fulfillment cycle for you.
- Pickup is where your customer comes to your location to pick up their box
- Delivery (for urban areas) is where FedEx picks up the box from your location and delivers it to your customer.
- Shipment is where you would print a label (that we provide) and drop off the box at a Fedex location so it can be mailed to your customer.
Setting up this feature is a 3 step process:
- Setup your Pickup, Delivery and Shipment settings from Boxed page
- Send us links to the listings that you'd like this feature to be active on
- Once this is activated for your listings, adjust Boxed settings in the Priced Items questions within your listings
1) Setup your Pickup, Delivery and Shipment settings from Boxed page
- Select Boxed from the top navigation, and click on the Setup Boxed button. This is also accessible from Settings > Account Details > Boxed Setup.
- Choose whether you'd like to order Pickup, Delivery, Shipment or all three.
Note: Delivery will occur through FedEx.
- Enter time time (in minutes) it takes you to get a box ready for Pickup or Delivery.
- Enter the name and location information where the box will be picked up from. The person's information will be the employee / staff member who is responsible for the fulfillment of your boxes.
- Enter the duration of each pick-up window (in minutes). This is how much time you'd like to allow for the box to be picked up. You can also enter additional pickup instructions.
- Enter your pickup hours. These are the days and times the customer can come to pick up their box from the contact and location you specified above. Please enter these in exactly this format: "11:00am - 3:00pm; 4:00pm - 6:00pm".
- Enter the dimensions and weight of your empty box. Please note that we only can support one box size, as opposed to multiple different sizes. You can customize the sizes, but can only use one size for all boxes.
2) Send us links to the listings that you'd like this feature to be active on
- Click on Get Help at the bottom right of your Occasion screen and choose the option to send us a message.
- Send us the Edit Listing links to all of the listings you'd like to have this feature active on.
The Edit Listing link is a URL that looks something like this - https://app.getoccasion.com/products/123456 - and you get to it by clicking on the Edit Listing button from the Listings page.
3) Adjust Boxed settings in the Priced Items questions within your listings
- To add a pricing question that supports Boxed, please click on the Add Question button on the bottom right of the listing editor and choose Priced Items.
- Here you will be able to enter the product information:
- Price per product
- Quantity (inventory) you have available of this product
- How many of this product fit in a box
- Weight of the product (in lbs)
- Once you are done you can test this out by clicking on the Preview button on the top right. You will see a new section for delivery options on your public booking page.