Transferring Ownership of your Account to a new Business Owner
It's common to see staff members come and go or businesses being bought and sold.
In this article, we will walk you through how to change the ownership of your account in both these instances. Remember, every step is meticulously designed to protect and safeguard against any misuse of your account.
Transfer ownership of the account
- To a new team member
- To a new business owner (in this article, below)
Transfer ownership to a new business owner
For the current (old) account owner:
- Make sure the new person (firstname.lastname@example.org) has been added or listed as a team member on your Occasion staff page.
- Once email@example.com has accepted the invitation and created their password to the account, have firstname.lastname@example.org go to the Staff Page and click on "New Owner" under the "Owner" column.
- Once this has been selected, email@example.com will have all permissions on the account as a default to make the new necessary changes to the account.
* Note: The "admin and billing contact" permission cannot be changed while the current User is the account owner.
- Once step 2 is complete, decide to keep or remove the former user as your staff member.
- Update Occasion billing Information: To update your subscription information for Occasion billing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will send you a link that you can use to enter the new account owner's information.
For the new account owner:
- Change your payment gateway: Unless you will continue using the old account owner's payment processing account, you will need to change the payment gateway. This is done from the Settings > Payment Gateway. You can connect your new gateway easily to Occasion.
- Set-up your team: Make sure to verify that all team members who have access to your account are going to be part of your team. If you wish to make changes to it, then you can remove access or add new team members as well.