Add GA4 Google Analytics or Gtag.js
Track visitors, sessions, sales and other metrics in Google Analytics using Google Analytics or Tag Manager.
What can I track with Google Analytics or gtag.js?
You can track metrics like visitors, sessions, sales, conversion etc. depending on how you set-up your Analytics or Tag Manager account.
How can I track Sales in Google Analytics?
Before integrating your Occasion account, please make sure you have "Ecommerce Attribution" enabled in Google Analytics. For latest help on this, here's an article from Google. Otherwise, here are the steps:
- Sign in to Google Analytics.
- Click Admin, and navigate to the view you want.
- In the VIEW column, click Ecommerce Settings.
- Set Enable Ecommerce to ON.
- Click Next step.
- Click Submit.
How do I integrate Google Analytics with my Occasion account?
Here is the process for setting up Google Analytics for your account:
- Once in your Google Analytics account, you will need to create a new “Web Property”. Please follow the directions outlined by Google to create a Web Property.
- Each Web Property in Google Analytics comes with a tracking code that looks like this: “G-########”. Here is where you can find your tracking code.
- Copy this tracking code and login to your Occasion account.
- Once you have logged in, go to "Settings", then "My account", and then "Marketing Channels"
- Scroll down to the section called “Ad Tracking and Analytics”, and turn on the toggle for "Google Analytics".
- A new field will show below, where you can "Enter your Google Analytics identifier or tag manager code".
- Click “Save Changes” to begin tracking your listings.
When using GTag.js, we only support Google products, such as Google Ads and Google Marketing Platform. We use the gtag.js implementation and you can find more information on https://support.google.com/tagmanager/answer/7582054?hl=en. This is not the same as Google Tag Manager.