Importing Data to your Workspace
When you are switching to Occasion, it is important to not lose data from your previous platform.
There are 3 types of data that you can import to Occasion.
Importing Customer List
We can import the list of your customers. See below for an example excel spreadsheet to send to firstname.lastname@example.org
|First Name||Last Name||Street Address||City||State/ Province||Zip/ Postal Code||Phone||Customer Since|
|Jane||Doeemail@example.com||123 Main Street||Janesville||JA||98128||9128281283||2019-01-01|
Importing Gift Certificate Balances and Account Credits
You may have outstanding credits and gift certificate balances. Please send the Excel spreadsheet to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following data:
- Recipient's First Name (required): If no name is given, we will assign the first name to be "Jane"
- Recipient's Last Name (required): If no name is given, we will assign the last name to be "Doe"
- Recipient's Email Address (required): If no email is given, we will assign an email alias for example: "email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org" etc. This is where expiration notices are sent (if expiration is given).
- Gift Card Value (Initial value) (required)
- Remaining Value on Gift Card (required)
- Type of Credit (Gift Card or Account Credit) (required): If no descriptor is given, we will default it to "Gift Certificates"
- Expiration Date on Gift Cards or Account Credits: Please set this is yyyy-mm-dd format (use 2025-01-31 for January 31, 2025)
- Redemption / Gift Card Code, if available: If not available, we will auto-generate a code.
- Send Welcome Email to Customers - Yes/ No. If yes, you can also include a welcome message. Here's an example, "Dear customer, we are switching to Occasion as our new booking software. Your previous credit has been transferred over to Occasion and is available for use immediately."
- Sender's First Name (required) - If no name is given, we will assign the first name to be "Jack"
- Sender's Last Name (required) - If no name is given, we will assign the last name to be "Doe"
- Sender's Email Address - If no email is given, we will assign the email to be an alias like "email@example.com", "firstname.lastname@example.org" etc.
Things to note
- We do not clean up the data, i.e. make sure the data is correct in each of the columns
- Make sure there are NO duplicates
- Once imported, we cannot delete the data