Redeeming Gift Cards Online and In-store
Occasion makes it easy and seamless for your customers to redeem gift cards online and in-store.
In this article,
- Redeem Gift Cards Online
- Redeem Gift Cards via QuickOrder
- Redeem Gift Cards via Customer Profile
Redeeming Gift Cards Online
A recipient can use their unique code for redeeming the value for events listed on Occasion easily. Here's how it works:
- The recipient opens an event booking page.
- The recipient fills out all the information and towards the end, she will see a section where she can enter the "unique code" and hit apply.
- If the value of the gift card exceeds the order total, then the remaining balance is automatically tracked for future purposes. In the other instance, where the value is less than the order total, the customer is prompted to enter credit card to complete the purchase.
Redeeming Gift Cards via QuickOrder
A recipient visits your studio and wants to redeem their gift card for an event listed on Occasion. Here's how it works:
- Do you have the Gift Card code?
- If you know the gift card code, you can start by looking up the event on your "Calendars" page and clicking the "QuickOrder" button.
- If you do not have the code, then you can search for it on the gift cards page. Copy the code and go back to the "Calendars" page to look up the event.
- Start completing the information via QuickOrder on behalf of the customer.
- Towards the bottom you will see a section in which you can enter the code and hit "apply" to redeem the gift card.
Redeeming Gift Cards via Customer Profile
Occasionally, you may have a customer who buys a product that is not listed on Occasion, and they want to use their Gift Card for that purchase. With Occasion's virtual point of sale system, you can do this easily. Here's how:
- After login into your Occasion account, please click on the "Reports" menu on the top and select "Gift Cards" from the drop-down.
- Find the Gift Card or the Customer's Name and click on the "Recipient's Name". This will take you to their customer profile page.
- On the profile page, you will see a section called "Virtual Terminal".
- In the description, enter a reference text, for example, "Pottery purchased in-store".
- Enter the amount and the tax rate applicable, and click the "Collect Payments" button.
- In the pop-up window, select "Gift Card" tab.
- Select a gift card from the drop-down. This drop-down will only show gift cards applicable to this customer's account.
- Click "Collect" to complete the purchase and reduce the available balance.