Minimize Double Bookings With Calendar Collision
Calendar Collision is a smart detection feature to help you minimize double bookings. Calendar collision will disable your time slots shown to customers in cases where it recognizes potential conflicts.
Enable/Disable Calendar Collision
You can enable or disable Calendar Collision from the Settings > Account Details > Business Information. Scroll down to the toggle "Calendar Collision"
Calendar Collision between your Occasion calendar and your Google Calendar
If you have an event on your Occasion calendar that conflicts with an event in your personal Google Calendar (which you have synced to Occasion), the event you have on your Occasion calendar will be disabled and your customers will not be allowed to register for it.
- Say, January 1, 2017 at 10-11am your Occasion calendar shows an event with available opening for your customers to book.
- However, your personal Google Calendar has you scheduled with a doctor's appointment for that time.
- Occasion will disable the 10-11am time slot on January 1, 2017 and will not show it as available to your customers.
Calendar Collision between events of the same venue in your Occasion account
If you have multiple listings in the same venue with overlapping time slots, the first of the overlapping time slots to be booked would be the only one that is allowed and all other overlapping time slots will then be disabled.
- Say you have two venues (or rooms) - Room 1 and Room 2
- In Room 1, you have two events - Event 1 scheduled for January 1 at 10am and Event 2 for January 1 at 10am.
Similarly, in Room 2, you have two events - Event 3 scheduled for January 1 at 10am and Event 4 for January 1 at 10am. In summary, you have 4 events (2 in each venue) scheduled for the same exact time.
- When a customer books Event 1, Event 2 happening in Room 1 will be blocked by Calendar Collision. However, Event 3 and Event 4 will remain open because they belong to a different venue.