Google Adwords Tracking
Occasion now offers Google Adwords integration so you can track conversions and calculate ROI on your Google ads. Please note that in order to properly obtain conversion data from Occasion on the Adwords platform, you'll need to have familiarity with how Adwords works, and to have already established at least one Adwords campaign.
Please Note: Google Adwords Tracking is not available on all plans. For latest information on features and plans - please visit www.getOccasion.com/pricing
What do you need?
- Campaign Name
- Adwords Identifier
- Campaign ID
What does Occasion track?
- Page views
- Purchase events (with the value of the purchase as well as currency)
Connecting Google Adwords to your Occasion Account
Steps below will show you how to obtain the information needed from your Google Adwords account, copied over to your Occasion account.
- Get your AdWords identifier at https://ads.google.com/aw/conversions
- Click to add a conversion action.
- Select "Website"
- Give it a name and select "Purchase/Sale" under Category. Under "Value", select "Use different values for each conversion" and keep the default value. Make sure to choose "Every" under count.
- Click 'Save and Continue' if you wish to alter any of the other values to best fit your campaign strategy, feel free.
- Copy the values highlighted below.
- Your "Adwords Identifier" is the first text highlighted below. Copy this from your own Adwords account into your Occasion pop-up window.
- Your "Campaign ID" is the second text highlighted below. Copy this from your own Adwords account into your Occasion pop-up window.