Setting-up Gift Cards
With Occasion's Gift Cards feature, you can easily sell Gift Cards (or Gift Certificates) online. The first step to selling gift cards is to set-up them up in your Occasion account. In this article, we will show you how you can set-up Gift Cards in your Occasion account:
Set-up Gift Card for online sales
This is the most common way of setting up a gift card for online sales. Here is how you can create a Gift Card:
- After logging into your Occasion account, go to "Reports" and then, click on "Gift Cards"
- Click the "Edit Gift Card Listing" button on the top-right corner.
- Finish each of these steps:
- Under "Basic" tab - make sure you provide a title and a description explaining to customers what they are buying.
- Under "Image" tab - make sure you upload a good image that makes it exciting for customers to buy a gift card.
- Under "Pricing" tab - click the "Add pricing question" button. From the pop-up, select - Dropdown > Pricing.
- Enter "Select Gift Card Values" as title.
- Check the first box that makes it "required".
- Under options, you gift card values. For example - enter description as "$100" and price as "$100". Similarly, keeping adding your gift card values. You can add as many gift card values as you wish.
- Click "Save" to save changes.
- Under "Email Receipts" tab - make sure to customize the first three sections and include correct instructions on how to redeem the gift card.
- Click "Share" on the top-right corner to obtain the link for the Gift Card.
Setting Expiration Date for Gift Cards
You can set the number of days after which a gift card expires in your Account Settings.