Giving Donations to Third Parties
Occasion gives you the ability to issue or give donations to third parties without recording these as business revenues.
Say, you want to give $100 gift voucher to a local charity for their executive team to attend an event at your business - Occasion can help you with that.
Here's how to do it: (in this example, we are going to assume that no payment is being exchanged and this is a simple donation from your business to an organization).
Using Coupon Code:
- Create a coupon code for one-time use for 100% discount
- Make sure this code is applicable on all relevant events.
Using Gift Cards:
- Create a coupon code for one-time use with 100% discount value but make it redeemable only on your Gift Card listing.
- Now, to go to Quick Order and search for your Gift Card listing.
- Enter the information on the recipient on the right.
- When you scroll down to the payment section, enter the coupon code in the Discount code field
- If applicable, elect Cash as payment type, even though there is no payment being collected.
- Click the button to issue the gift card to your donation recipient.