Use Stripe as a payment gateway
If you don't already have one, you can create a free Stripe account and enable online payments for 2.9% and $0.30 per transactions. Integrating your Stripe account with Occasion is quick and easy.
- Make your Stripe account "Live"
- What you need to know
- Connect Stripe with Occasion
- Do a Test Transaction (Optional)
Make your Stripe account "Live"
- Login into your Stripe account.
- On the left navigation, look for a switch at the bottom-left that allows you to toggle between "Test" to "Live".
What you need to know
- Live Secret Key Token
To obtain your live secret key token, follow the steps below:
- From your Stripe account, in the left navigation, look for "Developers > API Keys" and click on that.
- Look for "Secret Key" and click on "Reveal Secret Key Token" button. Copy this key.
Connect Stripe with Occasion
- Login to your Occasion account, and click "Settings"
- Click on "Payment Gateway" from the drop-down.
- Click "Choose other gateway".
- Choose your preferred gateway and click "Use This Gateway"
- In Step 2, paste the API key in the box
- Click "Add Gateway"
Do a Test Transaction (Optional)
- After receiving confirmation from your Occasion Rep, create a test listing for $1.
- Do a test transaction with your own credit card and refund the transaction.
- If successful, you are ready to use Occasion with your Stripe account.
- If you get an error, retain the “error code” and contact Stripe customer support.