Use Stripe as a payment gateway
Note: Stripe will soon be removed as a payment gateway. We recommend switching to Square. You can do so by following the steps here.
If you don't already have one, you can create a free Stripe account and enable online payments for 2.9% and $0.30 per transaction. Integrating your Stripe account with Occasion is quick and easy.
- Make your Stripe account "Live"
- What you need to know
- Connect Stripe with Occasion
- Do a Test Transaction (Optional)
Make your Stripe account "Live"
- Login into your Stripe account.
- On the left navigation, look for a switch at the bottom-left that allows you to toggle between "Test" to "Live".
What you need to know
- Live Secret Key Token
To obtain your live secret key token, follow the steps below:
- From your Stripe account, in the left navigation, look for "Developers > API Keys" and click on that.
- Look for "Secret Key" and click on "Reveal Secret Key Token" button. Copy this key.
Connect Stripe with Occasion
- Login to your Occasion workspace, and click on "Settings"
- Click on "Integrations"
- Under the "Other Payment Systems" tab, Click "Activate ⚡"
- A popup screen will open and you will follow the steps provided there.
Do a Test Transaction (Optional)
- After receiving confirmation from your Occasion Partner Support Lead, create a test listing for $1.
- Do a test transaction with your own credit card and refund the transaction.
- If successful, you are ready to use Occasion with your Stripe account.
- If you get an error, retain the “error code” and contact Stripe customer support.