Use Square Payments as a payment gateway
Connecting your Square account with Occasion is quick and easy. If you don't already have a Square account, you can create a free account here.
What you need to know
- Login and password to your Square account
- Have an active location set up that has credit card processing enabled. If you are unsure how to do this, contact Square Support.
Connecting to Square
- Login to your Occasion account, and click "Settings"
- Click on "Payment Gateway" from the drop-down.
- Select "Connect to Square".
- Sign in to Square by entering the email and password associated with your Square Account.
- That's it! Your Square account is now connected to Occasion!
Reporting in Square
Occasion will send Order ID to Square to help you connect the payment details to Orders in Occasion.
Help I get this error: "Location cannot be blank. A Square merchant must have at least one physical location with which to associate transactions in order to take online payments"
Make sure you completed filling out all the information for your location. If it is not completed you will need to complete this and reconnect in occasion via the Integrations page and select "Square" from the list of available integrations. If you keep getting this error please contact square support and ask them to enable your location for credit card processing.
If you need help connecting your gateway:
- Contact Support Support here