Create and manage an Announcement
An "Announcement" is an un-bookable entry on your calendar that notifies your customers what is occurring at the selected time.
A couple of examples that are most commonly used:
- "Happy Thanksgiving"
- "Closed for Christmas"
- "Open All Day"
- "Walk-Ins 9:00am-5:00pm"
How to Create an Announcement
- Go to Listings in the top navigational bar.
- Switch to the "Templates" tab.
- Search for "Announcement". Click "Create Listing". Under the "Basic" tab on the left - enter a Title and Description for this Announcement. For example, "Happy Thanksgiving" and or "We are closed for Thanksgiving"
- Go to the "Images" tab and upload an image that best highlights this announcement on your calendar to your customers. A good suggestion is to add an image that may have these words included to make it even more clear what this is.
- Go to the "Timeslot" tab and create a schedule or an announcement date.
- You can skip the rest of the tabs if you'd like. A description is always good to include in case you want to direct your customer anywhere else, with any links or explanation of who to contact.
- Click on "Preview" in the top right corner to view the booking page and test how your customers will see this announcement.
To Make Changes to an Already-Created Announcement
- Go to the Calendars page and click on the timeslot with the announcement
- To edit the title of the announcement click on Edit listing at the bottom of the pop up and make the change.
- To edit the time slot, click on Edit time slot and make your change.
- To delete the announcement click on Delete time slot and it will be taken off your calendar.
Note: If you try to find the Announcement in the Listings page you will have to click on "Show Inactive Listings", as announcements are inactive listings by design.