Public and Private Events Explained
Events you offer to your customer can be Public or Private. Occasion gives you an easy way to designate them accordingly.
A Private event is an event such as a birthday party for kids, a private event for adults, a corporate event, etc. A private event is typically reserved for invite-based registration only.
A Public event is an event like a class, workshop, a series class which anyone can sign up for.
What happens when an event is designated as "Public"?
When events are designated as "Public", Occasion's automated marketing will do the following:
- It will ask registrants to share your event with their friends over social media, email or text.
- Public events will be published on Facebook Events.
- Public events will be recommended to attendees as part of our "Spotlight" campaign.
- Registrants of "Private" events will not be sent Referral Reward emails.
How to designate an event as Public or Private?
When you are creating or editing an event, under the "Basic" tab - you will see switch to change the event between "Public" and "Private"
How can I hide "Private" events from showing on my calendar on the website?
To hide private events from showing up on your Website, after logging into Occasion, follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings > Public Views
- Find the View - you want to edit - and click, "Edit View"
- If you are on the new calendar view then scroll down and look for "Show private" checkbox
- Uncheck the "Show Private" and click "Update View".
- If you are on the old calendar or agenda view then scroll down to the bottom.
- Check the "Hide private events" and click "Update View".