Public and Private Events
Events you offer to your customer can be private or public. Occasion gives you an easy way to designate them accordingly.
A private event is a service such as birthday parties for kids, private events for adults like bachelorette, corporate events. A private event is typically reserved for invite-based registration only.
A public event is a service like a class, workshop, serial classes which anyone can sign up for.
What happens when an event is designated as "Public"?
When events are designated as "Public", Occasion's automated marketing will do the following:
- It will ask registrants to share your event with their friends over social media, email or text.
- Public events will be published on Facebook Events.
- Public events will be recommended to attendees as part of our "Spotlight" campaign.
- Registrants of "Private" events will not be sent Referral Reward emails.
How to designate an event as Public or Private?
When you are creating or editing an event, under the "Basic" tab - you will see switch to change the event between "Public" and "Private"
How can I hide "Private" events from showing on my calendar on the website?
To hide private events from showing up on your Website, after logging into Occasion, follow the steps below:
- Go to Marketing > Views
- Find the View - you want to edit - and click, "Edit View"
- Look for tab "Filter Options"
- Check the "Hide Private Events" and save changes.