Public and Private Events Explained
Events you offer to your customer can be Public or Private. Occasion gives you an easy way to designate them accordingly.
A Private event is an event such as a birthday party for kids, a private event for adults, a corporate event, etc. A private event is typically reserved for invite-based registration only, meaning anyone who has the shared link can register for the event.
A Public event is an event like a class, workshop, a series class which anyone can sign up for once a time slot is created.
What happens when an event is designated as "Public"?
When events are designated as "Public", Occasion's automated marketing will do the following:
- It will ask registrants to share your event with their friends over social media, email or text.
- Registrants of "Private" events will not be sent Referral Reward emails.
How to designate an event as Public or Private?
When you are creating or editing an event, under the "Basic" tab - you will see switch to change the event between "Public" and "Private"
How can I hide "Private" events from showing on my calendar on the website?
To hide private events from showing up on your Website, after logging into Occasion, follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings > Website Calendars (https://app.getoccasion.com/stacks)
- Find the calendar that will show the event and click "Edit"
- Scroll down in the left panel to the section called "Settings".
- Turn the toggle on for the item that says "Show private events on the calendar" and "Save Changes". To test this, click on "View in Full Screen" in the top right corner of the page.