Automated Referral Rewards
Incentivize your customers to refer their friends to your business through the Occasion platform by offering customers a reward if they refer a friend who books an order through you.
In this article:
- Enabling Referral Rewards
- How it works!
- Emails associated with referral rewards
- Redeeming Rewards
- Deciding on Rewards amount
- Disable Rewards
Enable Referral Rewards
- From your Occasion account, go to Settings > My account > Marketing Channels.
- Scroll to find "Promote Word-of-Mouth Referrals" and turn the toggle on.
- You can then set the amount of the reward.
All Done! You can disable or update rewards anytime from this page.
How does it work?
From the customers' perspective, referring a friend is simple.
- After booking an order, your customer will be receive an email requesting them to refer his or her friends (see below).
- The customer can invite their friends via text, email, Facebook among many other channels.
- Once her friend books, your customer will receive an email containing the gift card, which can be redeemed at your business.
When is the rewards prompt sent to a customer?
The referral rewards prompt is only sent to a customer, when the booking meets the following criteria:
- The booking was completed by the customer on a booking page, and not by the merchant using QuickOrder.
- The event booked was marked as a "Public" event, and not a "Private" event or a Gift Certificate.
- The amount paid for the booking was greater than 0 (not free).
Emails associated with referral rewards
When the feature is enabled, the first email is sent to the customer 2 hours after booking - prompting them to refer your business to their friends.
The second email is sent to the friend, when the friend is referred via email.
When a referral was successful i.e. someone books, the original customer will receive a reward in the form of this third email.
The rewards are similar to "Gift Cards" on Occasion. All issued, unused rewards are visible on your " Gift Cards" page in your Occasion account.
The customer, when rewarded, receives a unique code that they can use to redeem online or in-store.
Deciding on Rewards amount
We know this can be tricky for everyone -- so we recommend setting the rewards as 25% of your average order value. If your average sales per transaction is $40, then set the referral rewards at $10. If you have history with Occasion, you see what your average order value is on your sales analytics page.
To disable rewards, go to the " Referral Rewards" page, and click "Disable" button.
Setting Expiration Date for Rewards
You can set the number of days after which a reward expires in your Account Settings.