Automated Referral Rewards
Incentivize your customers to refer their friends to your business through the Occasion Workspace by offering customers a reward if they refer a friend who books an order through you.
In this article:
- Enabling Referral Rewards
- How it works!
- Emails associated with referral rewards
- Redeeming Rewards
- Deciding on the Reward amount
- Disable Rewards
Enable Referral Rewards
- From your Occasion workspace, go to Settings > Account Settings > Campaigns.
- Toggle on "Referral Rewards".
- You can click "Edit" and then set the amount of the reward.
You can also set up the expiration date.
All Done! You can disable or update rewards anytime from this page.
How does it work?
From the customers' perspective, referring a friend is simple.
- After booking an order, your customer will receive an email requesting them to refer his or her friends (see below).
- The customer can invite their friends via text, email, and Facebook among many other channels.
- Once the friend books, your customer will receive an email containing the gift card, which can be redeemed at your business.
When is the rewards prompt sent to a customer?
The referral rewards prompt is only sent to a customer when the booking meets the following criteria:
- The booking was completed by the customer on a booking page, and not by the merchant using QuickOrder.
- The event booked was marked as a "Public" event, and not a "Private" event or a Gift Certificate.
- The amount paid for the booking was greater than 0 (not free).
Emails associated with referral rewards
When the feature is enabled, the first email is sent to the customer 2 hours after booking - prompting them to refer your business to their friends.
When the Customer clicks the "Invite" button, they are taken to a page like this:
When a referral is successful i.e. someone books, the original customer will receive a reward in the form of this email.
If referral rewards are set to expire, then an email is sent to the Customer to remind them to redeem their earned reward.
The rewards are similar to "Gift Cards" on Occasion. All issued, unused rewards are visible on your " Gift Cards" page in your Occasion workspace.
The customer, when rewarded, receives a unique code that they can use to redeem online or in-store.
Deciding on the Reward amount
We know this can be tricky for everyone -- so we recommend setting the rewards as 25% of your average order value. If your average sales per transaction is $40, then set the referral rewards at $10. If you have history with Occasion, you see what your average order value is on your sales analytics page.
To disable rewards, go to the "Referral Rewards" page, and click the "Disable" button. Disabling rewards will remove the referral credit from the "Invite" block on all emails and replace it with the example below.
Setting Expiration Date for Rewards
You can set the number of days after which a reward expires in your Account Settings.