Filtering Options and Settings on Website Calendars
Website Calendars from Occasion include a number of ways to filter and search for events. It also gives you more control over your Calendars. In this article, we will cover all the different filters and controls available to the Merchants and your customers.
(For Customers) Filtering options available when view the Website Calendars
- Category Filter
- Location Filter
(For Merchants) Filtering options and controls available when editing or creating Website Calendars
- Sold Outs (show/hide)
- Private Events (show/hide)
- Infinite Scroll
For Customers: Filtering options
Every Website Calendar has three different ways for customers to easily and quickly find events on your calendar.
Customers can filter by:
- Category: Categories with active events will appears in a dropdown on the Website Calendars. Customers can easily jump to a category of Events. Learn more about how to tag your Events in to categories.
- Location: Location filter will appear to your customers automatically when you manage your business across multiple locations. Whether you are a Franchisor or a floating instructor, Occasion gives you a way to organize your multi-location business.
- Search: Customers can search your Website Calendar by keywords. Keyword search looks for results in the event title and in the event description.
For Merchants: Filtering options and controls
Occasion gives default filtering options and controls for merchants to use when creating or editing Website Calendars.
To filter and use settings:
- From your Occasion account, go to "Settings" (top-right corner) and click on "Website Calendars"
- You will see the control in the left panel, when editing or creating a view,
Here are filtering and controls available for you to take advantage of:
- Location: Set a default location filter on your Website Calendar. When a customer is viewing your Calendar on your website, events at this location will show by default. Your customer will still see the location filter and can change to a different location.
- Search: Set a default keyword search on your Website Calendar. Similar to the Location filter's behavior, when the customer is viewing your Calendar, events with this keyword will show by default. Your customer can still delete this keyword to view the full calendar.
- Sold Outs (show/hide): Choose to show or hide sold out events happening in the future on your Website Calendar. By default, the setting toggled "Off", which will show sold out events on your Calendar. You can simply toggle this setting to "On" to hide sold out events.
- Private Events (show/hide): Choose to show or hide "Private Events" from your Website Calendar. Please note, events have to be marked as "Private" for this filter to work. Here's how to mark events as Private.
- NoiseControl: NoiseControl automatically reduces the amount of "noise" on your calendar. This helps focus your customer's attention and drives them to take action. When turned on, this feature will look for events with a repeating schedule and only show the first available time on the calendar, instead of showing the event multiple times on the calendar. After the first available time has passed, it will show again on the next available time. When NoiseControl is turned off, events with a repeating schedule will show on the Calendar multiple times.
- Infinite Scroll: Infinite Scroll will remove "next month" and "previous month" navigation from the Website Calendar. It will show the user a steady stream of events as they scroll. This is mimics the behavior most consumers experience on majority of social media apps like Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.