Emails Associated with Gift Cards
In this article, you will see the following:
- List of emails associated with Gift Card purchase
- Examples of emails (images)
- Customizing recipient's email
List of emails associated with Gift Card purchase
There are five emails sent when a gift card is purchased
- Purchase confirmation when the Customer and the Recipient of the gift card is the same person
- Purchase confirmation when the Customer and the Recipient of the gift card are different people
- Order confirmation is sent to the Customer
- Gift Card code is sent to the Recipient
- Order confirmation email to the merchant
- If expiration is set, then Recipient will receive a reminder email to use the gift card
Examples of emails (images)
This is the email sent when the Customer and the Recipient is the same person.
This is the email sent to the Customer confirming their purchase, but the Recipient is a different person.
This email is sent to the Recipient, designated by the Customer to receive the gift card.
This is the email sent to the Merchant when a gift card is sold.
This is the email sent to the Recipient, when a gift card expiration is set, reminding them to redeem their gift card before it expires.
Customizing recipient's email
When a Gift Card is purchased, the recipient's email includes:
- The purchaser's information
- The value of the Gift Card
- The name of the business
- A personal message, if provided
- Redemption instructions
- The Gift Card redemption code
- A link to track the Gift Card balance
You can customize two simple things here by editing your gift card:
- Include an image by uploading it to the gift card from the "Image" tab
- Customize the redemption instructions by editing the section under "Email Receipts" tab