Setting Expiration Date for Gift Cards, Account Credits and Referral Rewards
Please note: This feature is limited to only select plans. To see if this feature is available in your plan, visit our Pricing page
Setting Expiration Dates
To set expiration dates - visit your Account Settings page by clicking here. Expiration dates can only be set as a number of days after they are issued.
Say, you want to expire a gift cards 2 years after they are issued. You will need to calculate the number of days in two years i.e. 2 x 365 = 730 days.
- On your Account Settings page, scroll down to the section that reads "Gift Card, Account Credit and Referral Reward Settings".
- Enter the number of days for each of your credit types. Leaving the field empty will automatically make the credits perpetual for use.
- Click "Save" to save your settings.
Email Associated with Credits Expiration
In addition to the original email sent to the credit recipient, an expiration reminder email is sent to the recipient on the following schedule.
|Time gap between issuance and expiration date||Expiration Reminder Email Sent...|
|30 days or more||30th day before credit expires|
|Between 7 and 30 days||7th day before credit expires|
|Less than 7 days||1 day before credit expires|
Here's an example of the expiration reminder email in which a gift card is about to expire:
- Can I manually change the expiration date of an issued credit? No, all expiration dates are automatically set by the software.
- Can I go back and expire credits? No, once a credit has been issued to a recipient - it cannot be expired.