Emails Associated With Order Confirmation
In this article, you will see the following:
- List of emails associated with order confirmations
- Examples of emails (images)
- Sender information
- Customizing copy in order confirmation emails
- Assigning more team members to receive order confirmation emails
- Re-sending order confirmation emails to customers
- Moving order confirmation emails to the "Primary" tab in Gmail (merchant)
List of emails associated with order confirmations
There are two emails sent when a order is successfully booked.
- Order confirmation email to the customer
- Order confirmation email to the merchan
Examples of emails (images)
The first email is sent to the customer when an order is booked.
The second email is to the merchant (account owner and the assigned team member) when an order is booked.
- The order confirmation email is sent to the business owner from the “firstname.lastname@example.org” email address and the sender name is “Occasion”.
- The order confirmation email is sent to the customer from the “email@example.com” email address and the sender name is the name of the venue (“venue_name”).
Customizing copy in order confirmation emails
A custom copy can be added to each event individually.
- After logging into your account, click on “Manage” in the top left Menu and from the drop-down select Listings.
- Click “Edit Listing” on the particular listing for which you wish to add a custom Order Confirmation Email message.
- Click on the "Email Receipts" tab to adjust the sender name, subject line, and the contents of the message.
- If you prefer not to have any messaging, delete any content that is already in the "Message" text box.
Assigning more team members to receive order confirmation emails
Emails associated with orders (bookings) are sent to the following individuals.
- account owner
- assigned team member
- the customer
Here's how you can assign a new team member to receive order confirmation emails.
- After you have added a team member to your account, make sure to assign them permissions to receive email confirmations for orders on listings.
- The invited team member will receive an email, asking them to confirm their email address.
- Once they confirm their email, they will be added to your team and will start receiving Order Confirmation Emails.
Re-sending order confirmation emails to customers
- After logging into your account, click on “Orders” in the top menu navigation, or click on "Looking up an Order" from the middle of the dashboard page.
- Find the order for which you wish to re-send the Order Confirmation Email. On the left, click "Edit Order" to view order details.
- Click “Resend Email Confirmation” on the top-right.
- This will send the updated order confirmation to the customer via email.
Moving order confirmation emails to the "Primary" tab in Gmail (merchant)
Gmail, unfortunately, has an algorithm that automatically categorizes emails into different tabs. If you find that your Occasion emails are going to your "Promotions" tab and want them to appear in your "Primary" inbox, please follow the steps below:
- Left-click and hold on the email to drag it from the Promotions tab over to the Primary tab. Release the mouse to drop the email into the newly selected tab.
- Confirm with Gmail that you want to make this change permanent.