Add, Edit and Remove Locations and Rooms
In this article, you'll learn how to manage your business locations and rooms:
- Adding a New Location
- Add a Physical Location
- Add a Virtual Location
- Add a Mobile Location
- Adding a New Room
- Editing a Location or a Room
- Delete a Location or a Room
- Override Customer Service Contact Info
- Change the Location/ Room for an Event
To add, edit, or remove locations and rooms:
- Login to your Occasion workspace
- Go to Settings > Venues and Rooms.
The page will look like this:
Adding a New Location
To add a new location, go to Venues and Rooms. Then simply click on the "Add Venue" button on the top-right.
Note: We recommend adding only venues that are in the same timezone. If your venues are in multiple time zones, then you should create an additional Occasion account.
When adding a new location, you can choose from three different types of locations:
- Physical - you will be asked to provide a physical address. We use Google Places to verify your address to provide safety and security, and accurate location information to the customers. If your business address does not exist in Google Places, please refer to this article on Google Maps on how to add your business location to Google.
- Mobile - you will NOT be able to provide a physical address
- Virtual - you will NOT be able to provide a physical address
Adding a New Room
Before we get started, let's go over some basics.
- A room can only be added to a physical location type. Virtual and mobile locations cannot have a room.
- Every location, when added, will be assigned a default room called "Main Room". You can change the room name (see the "Edit" section below on the steps).
- Rooms are only for internal use. They are not shown to the customer.
- A Location can have as many rooms as possible.
Let's get started on adding a room (or rooms).
- Once you have added a Venue, click the "Add Room" button. If you have multiple locations, then you will have an "Add Room" for each location.
- To add multiple rooms, repeat the steps above.
Editing a Location or a Room
To edit a location or a room, go to Venues and Rooms.
Why Your Rooms Are Verified Through Google
Delete a Location or a Room
Note: You cannot undo the deletion of a location or a room.
To delete a location or a room, go to Venues and Rooms. If the room/location has any associated listings, you'll be asked to move all listings to a different and existing room/location when deleting the original room/location.
When you are left with the last room in your location and if your goal is to delete that last room, then you must delete the location, since a location is required to have at least one room.
Override Customer Service Contact Info
Option 1: Use a different email and phone number than what is included as your main account.
- De-select the checkbox that says "This venue uses the same customer service information as the main account", Fill in Contact Details, and Save:
Option 2: Use the same customer service information as the main account.
- Select the checkbox.
- This information can be found by going to Settings > Your Business > Customer Contact
Change the location for an Event
Click here to learn more about how to change the location for a listing/event